Despite the continued low oil price environment, S&C experienced greater interest in our simulation and optimization technology to help companies optimize their facilities, processes, and power plants. The year 2016 brought many key developments and project successes. Here’s a summary of the highlights.
S&C expanded its global reach by hiring a new regional manager to cover Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean; formalizing several partnerships and entities in Angola (SCA, lda), China, and the Independent Territories in the Lesser Antilles; and opening a new office in Moscow, Russia (StatControl Ltd.).
Development highlights include the following:
- Introduction of the OptiRamp Digital Oil Field and Digital Power Plant solutions
- Power and process model elements were consolidated into one modeling tool: the OptiRamp Developer
- Multidimensional dynamic batch optimization algorithms were developed and released
- OptiRamp can now simulate multiphase flow in pipelines, which is important for several of our pipeline solutions, including the Leak Detection System, Slug Prediction, and Congealing modules that were also released this year
- Version 1 of the OptiRamp Web Applications was released and verified on multiple corporate IT network
- Enhanced oil recovery methods for ESPs and PCPs may now be simulated and optimized in OptiRamp
- Introduction of real-time, advanced pipeline analytics for complex pipeline networks in the form of a pipeline profile
Many turbomachinery control projects were completed this year, notably completing two steam control valve actuator retrofits and successfully starting up the 230 MW steam turbines following completion.
S&C rang in the first quarter of the year with an overhauled website to keep in step with current trends. Additionally, later in the year, the S&C logo was made a registered trademark by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; the company also filed a patent applications for part of our Power Management System (PMS) solution.
We hope you had a prosperous 2016 and looking forward to working with you in 2017.